Supply Chain- & Purchase Manager
Supply Chain- & Purchase Manager (permanent position)
We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager (permanent position) for a customer. The customer is an international firm in the Eindhoven area.
The role of Supply Chain- & Purchase manager is fast-paced and diverse, with a high potential to develop oneself with- and within the company.
- Development and implementation of the supply chain process and strategy.
- Design and implement supply chain that supports business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Optimization of the logistics processes, as well as of the flows of product.
- Coordination and control of all processes, including inventory management, freight management, production planning, and material management.
- Planning and control of trans-shipment activities.
- Budget management.
- Leading management of change processes.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, and to provide performance feedback in order to improve the distribution service.
- Negotiate with suppliers and freight forwarders.
- Secure corrective actions or new guidelines, either internal or legal.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Perform all other tasks/ functions as directed.
- This position may require up to 20% travel.
- Responsible for the purchases and logistic procedures, and all daily processes.
- Selects and evaluates suppliers, contractors and other service suppliers.
- Implements department KPI’s and PI’s, and manages targets accordingly.
- Manages and monitors that goods are stored and dispatched, and supervision upon return of surplus materials or repairable items.
- Monitors that goods and materials are delivered in the most effective and efficient manner, arrive in good condition, and within the agreed time limit.
- Maintains a proper purchase- and contract administration.
- Sees to it that non-compliance is identified in an early stage, preventing interruption, delays, and unnecessary costs.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, or procurement related field.
- Significant experience/ minimum of 3 years in Purchase Management, within an international company.
- You need to be a natural networker, able to adjust between different cultures.
- Hands on and ‘can do’ mentality.
- Experience within the electronic industry.
- Strong and demonstrable project management skills: planning & coordinating.
- Communicating & influencing, achieving milestones, resolving issues and managing risks.
- Strong project leadership, ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Innovative, passionate, and able to inspire people.
- Good communication skills, and a pro-active and problem-solving approach.
- Excellent verbal- and written knowledge of the English language.