Interim Project Buyer
Interim Project Buyer
We are looking for an interim Project Buyer for an internationally-oriented client. The client is a multinational firm in the Eindhoven area.
- Co-develop, maintain and execute commodity strategies for the assigned supplier portfolio.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a preferred supply base for the assigned scope.
- Responsible for supplier evaluation and management within the assigned scope.
- Lead contract and price negotiations for assigned supplier portfolio.
- Support the in/outsourcing process (e.g. knowledge transfer, supplier ramp-up).
- Responsible for relevant project management assignments within the assigned scope. As such:
- Ensuring early supplier involvement and initial sourcing of components in the New Product Introduction (NPI) projects run by the Development department.
- Execute cost down projects focused on the product life cycle, from new product design to products released for production, by tapping into cost down opportunities for the assigned product(s) or supplier(s).
- Responsible for contract management within the assigned scope (develop, maintain and execute).
- Responsible for gathering relevant benchmark data, supply market intelligence.
- Requirement: at least a Bachelor degree in a relevant technical discipline (ex. Mechanical, Electrical or Technical Business Administration).
- Requirement: Experienced professional with a 5-7 years proven track record in procurement in a R&D and/or Industrial environment.
- Requirement: you are a knowledge leader regarding the entire costing toolset (Should Costing, Net Present Value, Total Cost of Ownership etc.) in projects.
- Strong preference: You have experience with outsourcing assembly activities towards sub-contractors.
- Strong preference: you have experience in executing and managing Cost Down projects and New Product Introduction projects, as well as in Value Engineering (strong preference).
- You possess the expertise and seasoning to lead contract negotiations and demonstrates ability to leverage global contracts.
- You build and maintain up-to-date knowledge about companies’ processes, strategies and industry trends.
- You have good knowledge of the procurement area (i.e. commodity market strategies, goals and objectives).
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, do not hesitate to contact Paul Rademaker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Heiko Vetkamp (email@example.com).